Friday, 18 December 2015

Action by CWC in case of a licensed home rejected to admit a child in need of care and protection services

G Murali Krishna
Member – CWC
SPSR Nellore Dist

Question: In case if the licensed homes reject the child referred by CWC for placement in the institutions, what action can CWC take?  Please let me know? 

The CWCs are expected to monitor the standards of care and protection in institutions within their jurisdiction. If the CWC find malpractices in relation to the care of children in institutions, such matters should be reported to the Commissioner/Director, Juvenile Welfare, Correctional Services and Welfare of Street Children to take immediate action.

No comments:

Post a Comment