CWC/PRK/1803/2015/Dated 18th Mar 2015
The Inspector of Police,
Taluk Police Station,
The Child Welfare Committee as per Section 29(5) of the Juvenile Justice (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2000, amend 2006 is a statutory authority constituted by the Govt. of AP and functioning as a Bench of Magistrates with powers of Judicial Magistrates of the First class. The Child Welfare Committee (hereinafter CWC) under the Act is the final authority to dispose of cases concerning children (not completed 18 years of age) in need of care and protection in terms of their development, care, treatment and rehabilitation. The CWC is also empowered to inquire into offences committed against children.
Whereas the Child Welfare Committee is hereby came to know that, a minor girl CH Priyanka, Aged 16 yrs D/o Lakshminarayana, belongs to Sri Nagar Colony, ONGOLE has been rescued in a lodge at Kurnool, ONGOLE by the officers of Taluk Police station, ONGOLE. The rescued victim girl has been handed over to CHILDLINE 1098 who in turn produced before CWC ON 19/02//2015 under Sec 32 (1) (iii) of Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 amend 2006.
The CWC had immediately recorded her statement under Sec 164 (5) Cr PC exercising the powers under Sec 31(2) of JJ (Care & Protection of Children) Act, 2000 amend 2006. As per the statement of the said victim girl the findings of CWC are as below:
- The victim girl is a school student and from a poor family.
- She is studying 9th standard in a local private school
- She has been trapped by a brothel owner named as Madhuri W/o Vasu belongs to Sri Nagar Colony, ONGOLE and joined her in to prostitution.
- The brothel owner Madhuri introduced the girl to one more women called Haseena who has taken the girl to a lodge at Bus Complex, Kurnool Road, ONGOLE for the purpose of prostitution. The police have raided on the said lodge and rescued the girl child.
After recording the statement of the said girl, the CWC has referred her to Asha Sadan Shelter Home, Machavaram, NG Padu mandal, Prakasam Dist run by HELP for rehabilitation, counseling and other care and protection services including safe shelter and basic needs.
In this above context, the CWC being a Bench of Magistrates having the powers of final disposal authority of the cases of children below 18 years of age and is hereby directed to file a FIR for stringent punishment against the above cited traffickers, brothel owner, customers and all other perpetrators including lodge owner as per Sections 4(1), 5(1), 6(2), 6(2A), and 7(1A) of ITP Act, Sec 23, 27 & 28 of JJ Act 2000, amend 2006 and Sec 3 & 4 of POCSO Act, 2012 and Sec 366, 366A, 367, 370,371,372, 373, 375 and 376 of IPC.
The CWC is further directed you to submit the copy of FIR at an earliest along with the information on action taken against the perpetrators, brothel owner and Traffickers Madhuri & Haseena who brought the girl to lodge at Bus Complex, ONGOLE within a week and submit the status report on execution of CWC directions.
Given under my hand with the seal of CWC dated this 18th day of Mar 2015.
1. Statement of the Victim girl recorded under Sec 164 (5) Cr. PC
1. The Magistrate, Judicial Magistrate of First Class, Special Mobile Court, Ongole for info.
2. The Inspector of Police, SJPU, ONGOLE for follow-up
3. The Dy Superintendent of Police, ONGOL E, Prakasam Dist for information.
4. The Superintendent of Police, Prakasam District, ONGOLE
5. The Hon’ble Dist Judge, Dist Court, Prakasam Dist, ONGOLE
6. The Hon’ble Secretary, DLSA, Prakasam Dist, ONGOLE.